Sunday, May 2, 2010

Race to Robie Creek

I don't know how to best describe this race, but from what everyone has told me, it is one tough race. I took this description from the home page of the race, "The "Race to Robie Creek," a grueling half-marathon promoted as one of the toughest races in the Northwest, is a 23-year-old rite of spring, a test of stamina for about 3,000 walkers and runners." From the starting line in Fort Boise Park, the race climbs in elevation -- the starting line is at just above 2,500 feet above sea level, and runners reach an elevation of about 4,500 feet above sea level at the highest point in the race. It covers a combination of paved roads through the first eight miles of the race, then race switches over to dirt roads as the course winds through the mountains on its way to Boise's Adalpe Summit. After reaching the summit runners must then trek down hill through the sagebrush-covered hills to Robie Creek. Brady had a great time training and participating in the race with several friends and already excited to do it again next year!

And they're off...

13 miles later

I love cheering the runners on at the finish line, it so fun to see all their hard work pay off! Brady was really pumped, his goal was 2 hours and he came in at 1:55! Way to go Brady!



1 comment:

KIRSTEN said...

Run Brady run! I am doing my race on Memorial Day ... wish me luck because I need it haha